As part of our ongoing commitment to protect you, the medical provider has been reviewing the latest government guidance. (Titled “covid-19 response: living with Covid-19”)
Our guidance hasn’t changed much, but here’s what you need to know.
Masks: Are no longer mandatory, but strongly advised.
Covid Pass: a valid domestic covid-19 pass must still be provided in order to enter the event.
Vaccination: all attendees must be vaccinated unless medically exempt. (A valid covid pass is still required)
Testing: All attendees must complete a test no earlier than 48 hours prior to the event. (Thursday 17th March), we also advise you complete testing on day 2 and day 5 after the event. (Monday 21st March and Thursday 24th March)
Covid 19 Guidelines
We at Festival of Friendship are well aware that Covid-19 is still playing a major role in our lives, and will unfortunately continue to do so for many months. As such we all need to play our part in protecting ourselves and others.
As such we will be implementing the following guidance for Festival of Friendship 2022, this guidance is based on recommendations from the UK Government as well as recommendations from our Medical Cover Provider in line with Industry Standards. This guidance will be updated as new information becomes available and as circumstances change.
- All attendees must be fully vaccinated, where possible. (Two Doses, or a single dose of the Jannsen vaccine) and it is advised that you have taken a Booster Dose if eligible.
- All attendees must complete a Lateral Flow Test 24-48hrs prior to the event, and report this using the NHS Website.
- All attendees will be required to present a valid Covid Pass as identified by the UK Government at the time of the event.
- All attendees must wear face coverings in line with local government requirements unless a valid exemption exists. In the event that the legal requirement is removed, we will continue to strongly recommend the use of face coverings.
- All efforts will be made to maximize ventilation / fresh air flow throughout the venue where possible.
- Social Distancing will be maintained where possible when seated for events or queuing.
- Attendance has been limited in order to promote social distancing.
- Where snacks are provided for Costumers/Fursuiters/Cosplayers, these will be in single serve portions to prevent contamination.
- Hand Sanitising Stations will be provided around the venue.
Following the event, we advise that all attendees complete Lateral Flow Testing on Day 2 and Day 5 following the event. In the event of a positive result, or developing symptoms we kindly request that you contact Covidemail@example.com so that the event can notify other attendees for contact tracing purposes.
The Event Management Team and the Medical Provider will continue to monitor the COVID-19 Situation, and update this guidance as regulations change. Thank you all for your support and understanding.